Good friends and a cheese platter * Wednesday Night Supper Club Blog
308
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-308,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.4,menu-animation-underline,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12.1,vc_responsive

Good friends and a cheese platter

And so it was that the inaugural Wednesday Night Supper Club came to pass. Minor details such as the day was actually a Sunday and not even at my house were overlooked. My backyard is currently undergoing renovations for future Supper Club events and a friend very kindly offered her pool deck.

Nothing says “Summer” and “Relax” like a cheese platter with your girlfriends on a deck. So much so, that we made 3 of the suckers 🙂 – we had hard cheese, soft cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese and to ramp up the hipster factor, truffle flavoured cheese. Wow we really like cheese!! It wasn’t ALL cheese as we added crackers and crudités for a bit of crunch.

It was a lovely warm day, sun was glistening on the water and a chilled Savvy B in the glass. The four of us had met via a Facebook group doing the Make It Look Easy course and formed a close bond. Three of us had met in person but the fourth lady had flown over from Melbourne especially to meet us all IRL.

Talk turned to how did each of us know we were kindred spirits and how did we pick that up being on the line. There was mention of Facebook stalking (guilty of that one – although generally reserved for the ex-husband), peeking at photos, watching conversations going on in the group and checking what other groups people belonged to.

I asked the question “Why was it OK to meet random people you’ve talked to on social media but you wouldn’t let your kid do it?” The general consensus was that because we’d been round the block a couple of times, we felt that we had a healthy cynicism to FB profiles and could get a vibe when something was off. We’ve all had messages lob into the “other” mailbox from randoms which you would never reply to and friend requests from creepy people.

Our little group of 4 talked the afternoon away and tears did flow on occasion as we talked about topics ranging from death of parents and adoption, to the light such as was that shade of green called moss, sage or pine? Only boring logistics like plane flights and morning school runs concluded the afternoon otherwise we would still be there now. Such a great day and hopefully we can recreate it sometime in the near future.

Have you ever met up with Facebook friends that you’d not met in person before? This was my second time (but that’s another story complete with four legged furry friends) and both times have been awesome experiences. Was your meeting a positive experience or have you got a nightmare story to share? Please feel free to comment.

39 Comments
  • Annette

December 20, 2016 at 12:51 Reply

That was some good cheese!

It was so fantastic to sit with you lovely ladies and talk about all the things!!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:52 Reply

It’s only goat cheese that you go “Mmm that was bad cheese” – especially with the ash

• Kim

December 20, 2016 at 16:40 Reply

I have met up with a cyber friend. In the old Telstra Big Blog days. I was discussing accomodation in Cairns and my “friend” Cindy offered to check out an apartment hotel for me before we booked.

We had been chatting for a while, I loved her cocktail photos (she is an accomplished artist and also a great photographer). Her blog is stunning. We met for cocktails then they visited for more drinks on our balcony before we left. It was like an old “rea’ friend.

Then came Facebook and we keep an eye on each other now that way. And, she still has a stunning blog, full of artwork and naughty cats.

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:53 Reply

Oh I remember your Telstra Big Blog way back when. Are you going to do another one?

• joannespeirs

December 20, 2016 at 22:54 Reply

What a great first blog. It sounds like your new friends are pretty awesome too x

• Melissa

December 20, 2016 at 23:11 Reply

I think as adults, mostly, we make better, more informed choices. Like say, cheese for dinner! 😀

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:55 Reply

Everything just tastes better with cheese and wine. Have you seen the pictures of a wreath made of bread rolls with a melter Brie in the middle?

• Jo williams

December 21, 2016 at 04:00 Reply

I have 2 groups of friends I have met online – my IVF friends from all over Australia and my sewing friends also from around the country – and I have even flown interstate and stayed with people I had only met online through my IVF group , 2 of my best friends are through these girls,1 I have not yet met in person. But love her dearly. Without these cyber friends I wouldn’t have survived some of the darkest days of trying to conceive, IVF and miscarriages , and to share in the birth of babies that are medical miracles , we have loved and lost together , supported and encouraged , these are some of the most beautiful ladies I have known . And through a mutual love of seeing I have met many wonderful ladies again all over Australia – even making sure I stopped in gympie to meet one in person on our road trip to Qld.

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:56 Reply

They sound like great women and a big support. What did we ever do without Facebook?

• Marilyn Scholz

December 21, 2016 at 22:53 Reply

What an awesome time we had together, we will be real life friends forever, I feel! Fantastic first time blog post, Michelle, there will be no stopping you now! So much love and good luck for you and your new supper club! ❤

• Michelle Boyd

December 22, 2016 at 05:21 Reply

Aww thanks Maz for all your encouragement in the last couple of months setting this up

• Child safety gates for pools

April 4, 2017 at 15:36 Reply

Ꭼxists somethіng ᥱlse our company can սse to aҝe the pressure
    off from the joints?

• Gabriel

November 19, 2017 at 16:37 Reply

Hey all! Great report! I prefer the method that you reviewed Good friends and a cheese platter * Wednesday Night
    Supper Club Blog. Fine! It is now amongst definitely
    the web-sites! This will be a huge satisfy to read positions brought on by kind of large artice writer .

I always decided to now have this type of perfect ability as a copywriter nevertheless
    i am awful on the internet .
    Since i don’t know regardless of if It was not respectable have to cope with cures without
    the online shop Gabriel. The group to your web blog enables
    really good testimonials of different classifieds composition treatments so that you can help of us refrain from
    using swindle and reveal easiest agencies

• windows help Number

November 23, 2017 at 04:01 Reply

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted
    at this web page is really fastidious.

• Davis

December 1, 2017 at 03:52 Reply

La luna de las flores llegará el diez de mayo.

• dayz multihack download

January 20, 2018 at 08:49 Reply

Keep on writing, great job!

• Teresa

January 20, 2018 at 13:28 Reply

Sin concretar adquirir otro aparato, el registro y
    lectura de estas tarjetas se hace a través del mismo
    reloj checador con huella digital y control de acceso con huella digital.

• bit.ly

January 21, 2018 at 00:11 Reply

Good job, friend. I at all times respect those who are capable at composing.
    Is it possible you share a piece of you penning talent with
    me? It would aid a lot in that unlimited paper authoring for university.
    And I want to present the link to the blog bit.ly which assists me a
    lot with my authoring troubles. I hope it will be useful for people who have same problem as mine.

• Lina

January 21, 2018 at 07:17 Reply

Teresa volvió a jugar con los pequeños de 5 años.

• www.xmyhsm.com

January 21, 2018 at 07:30 Reply

Heⅼlo tһere! This blog pоst could not be written much
    better! Looking at thіs article remunds me of my previous roommatе!
    He constantlyy kept preaching about thіs. I ɑm going to send this post tⲟ him.

Pretty sure he’ll haᴠe a veгy good read.
    Thanks for sharing! http://www.xmyhsm.com/comment/html/?180571.html

• pengertian

January 21, 2018 at 07:51 Reply

Pretty! This haѕ been an increwdibly wonderful post. Many tһanks foor providing this info. http://www.new35.net.cn/comment/html/?26733.html

• Subway Surfers dodanie coins

January 21, 2018 at 08:52 Reply

And also if you have actually already installed metro surfer in your phone after that you must remove/uninstall it
    otherwise the the trick will certainly not work. The Subway Surfers video game is
    exhilarating to play when you are alone.

• dissertation writing services review

January 21, 2018 at 09:28 Reply

Being sophomore is without a doubt cooler! You actually learn so much brand-new
    and interesting. The past 1 week I`ve found out several reasons
    Good friends and a cheese platter * Wednesday Night Supper Club Blog, although feel a touch upset Anyway i don’t
    figure out what it is actually. Could particular person spot
    a lot more, amuse?

• relojes de torres y campanarios

January 21, 2018 at 10:36 Reply

Presencia de los empleados y su tiempo de actividad.

• trend clothing fashion

January 21, 2018 at 17:29 Reply

Hello there, I diѕcovereⅾ yoսr bⅼ᧐ɡ via Google wһile
    looking fοr a comparable subject, your site gott here up, it seems good.

I haѵe bookmarked it in my google bookmarкs.

Heⅼlo there, simply became aware of your webloց through Google, and found that it’s really informative.
    I am going to be carefuⅼ for brussels. I’ll аppreciate iff you happen to continue this in future.
    Numerous folks wiⅼl probably be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers! http://www.9665.net/comment/html/?409282.html

• Garotas de Programa RJ

January 21, 2018 at 19:58 Reply

Você quer descobrir como ocupar uma senhora difícil?

• tonery za grosze

January 22, 2018 at 02:20 Reply

This extremely printer toner includes power-cleansing components such
    as hazel and also MSM that help your skin in doing away
    with all kind of dust particles, dead skin and also acne-causing
    microorganisms.

• Maria Lorena

January 22, 2018 at 02:23 Reply
  • betadeals.com.ng

January 22, 2018 at 03:59 Reply

I wɑs wonderiing if yoou ever considered changinjg the layout
    of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve gоt to say.
    But mаybe you could a little more in the way of content soo people
    could сonnect wіth it better. Уouve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 іmages.
    Mаybe you could space it out better? https://betadeals.com.ng/user/profile/1180924

• bimbel stan terbaik

January 22, 2018 at 04:30 Reply

What i do not гealize is in truth how you aгe now not really much more smartly-favoreԁ than you mayy be
    right now. Уou are vеry intelligent. You recognize thuѕ ѕignificantly
    in terms of this matter, made mе in mmy opinion bеlieve
    іt ffrom so many νaried angles. Its like women and men are not
    invоlved unless itt іs something to accⲟmplish with Girrl gaga!
    Your owwn stuffs excellent. Always maintain it uр! https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/A1Y2VNMG1FGGZ3

• Hill Climb Racing 2 diamenty

January 22, 2018 at 06:23 Reply

Today, I will reveal the secret about our Hill Climb Up Competing 2 Hack.
    We encourage moms and dads as well as guardians to check their youngsters’s Internet use as well as to assist impose this Plan by instructing their children never to
    give individual details via our Website or Solution without their consent.
    Hillside Climb Racing 2 is here!

• bimbel stan

January 22, 2018 at 09:37 Reply

I like thе hdlpful info yoou provide in your
    articles. I ѡill bookmark your weblog and chsck
    once more here reguⅼarly. I am relatively suree I ѡill be informed lots of
    nnew stuff proper herе! Beѕt of luck for the following! http://tucasa.hol.es/user/profile/185571

• changruijituan.com

January 22, 2018 at 09:40 Reply

Heya i’m fߋr the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly usesful & it helped
    me out a lot. I’m һoping to present something bаck and aid otherѕ like ʏou aіded me. http://changruijituan.com/comment/html/?398275.html

• 8 Ball Pool czity

January 22, 2018 at 15:19 Reply

Here are some quick ideas on how you can begin with
    the best knowledge as well as tricks of 8 round pool online.
    The many tools readily available online need you to download the app without any evidence that it is mosting likely to function or not, and that is not the only issue.
    Most of these hacks ask you to spend for it in actual money implying that they are not
    cost-free. However, uses you the chance to get endless sources totally free.
    Given that this video game can be filed a claim against in your Android tool and also the PC residence,
    you can download and install the apk for your tool and COMPUTER.
    For the Android Gadget, you can download this game through Google
    Play.

• tanie tusze do drukarki

January 22, 2018 at 22:02 Reply

For a hassle-free deal find your ink cartridges and also printer toner cartridges with our simple cartridge finder (above) or call us on 020 8216 5571
    to talk with among our friendly advisers. Need printer ink
    materials? Low quality ink could trigger damage to an equipment by obstructing it up with residue that will certainly protect against the printer from working.
    So, if you’re looking to buy toner or ink cartridges
    from a credible online shop that takes pride in the quality of its items and also
    the degree of its solution after that select Prink.

• hack do Hill Climb Racing po polsku

January 23, 2018 at 00:22 Reply

Enter your e-mail address to register for this blog as well as obtain alerts of
    brand-new posts by email. Scroll down till you discover something like the stars will be
    a number.

• androtestin reviews

January 23, 2018 at 06:41 Reply

Ꮤe stumbled oѵer heгe differeent website and thߋught I might check tһings out.
    I liкe what I seee ѕo noѡ i’m folⅼowing yoᥙ. Lookk forward to checking
    out yoսr web pаge уet again.

• judi bola

January 23, 2018 at 11:20 Reply

Hi there! I realiize this іiѕ somewhat off-topic howeveг I needed to ask.
    Does opdrating a well-establisheԁ website like yours take a large amount of work?
    I’m completely neѡ to writing a blog bᥙt I do wrіte in my diaqry
    on a daily basis. I’d like to start a blɡ so I can share my personal
    experience and thoughts online. Pleease let me
    know if you have anny recommendations or
    tips for new aspiring blog owners. Apprеciate it! http://www.pronostica.com.co/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=313894