Good friends and a cheese platter * Wednesday Night Supper Club Blog
308
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-308,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.4,menu-animation-underline,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12.1,vc_responsive

Good friends and a cheese platter

And so it was that the inaugural Wednesday Night Supper Club came to pass. Minor details such as the day was actually a Sunday and not even at my house were overlooked. My backyard is currently undergoing renovations for future Supper Club events and a friend very kindly offered her pool deck.

Nothing says “Summer” and “Relax” like a cheese platter with your girlfriends on a deck. So much so, that we made 3 of the suckers 🙂 – we had hard cheese, soft cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese and to ramp up the hipster factor, truffle flavoured cheese. Wow we really like cheese!! It wasn’t ALL cheese as we added crackers and crudités for a bit of crunch.

It was a lovely warm day, sun was glistening on the water and a chilled Savvy B in the glass. The four of us had met via a Facebook group doing the Make It Look Easy course and formed a close bond. Three of us had met in person but the fourth lady had flown over from Melbourne especially to meet us all IRL.

Talk turned to how did each of us know we were kindred spirits and how did we pick that up being on the line. There was mention of Facebook stalking (guilty of that one – although generally reserved for the ex-husband), peeking at photos, watching conversations going on in the group and checking what other groups people belonged to.

I asked the question “Why was it OK to meet random people you’ve talked to on social media but you wouldn’t let your kid do it?” The general consensus was that because we’d been round the block a couple of times, we felt that we had a healthy cynicism to FB profiles and could get a vibe when something was off. We’ve all had messages lob into the “other” mailbox from randoms which you would never reply to and friend requests from creepy people.

Our little group of 4 talked the afternoon away and tears did flow on occasion as we talked about topics ranging from death of parents and adoption, to the light such as was that shade of green called moss, sage or pine? Only boring logistics like plane flights and morning school runs concluded the afternoon otherwise we would still be there now. Such a great day and hopefully we can recreate it sometime in the near future.

Have you ever met up with Facebook friends that you’d not met in person before? This was my second time (but that’s another story complete with four legged furry friends) and both times have been awesome experiences. Was your meeting a positive experience or have you got a nightmare story to share? Please feel free to comment.

41 Comments
  • Annette

December 20, 2016 at 12:51 Reply

That was some good cheese!

It was so fantastic to sit with you lovely ladies and talk about all the things!!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:52 Reply

It’s only goat cheese that you go “Mmm that was bad cheese” – especially with the ash

• Kim

December 20, 2016 at 16:40 Reply

I have met up with a cyber friend. In the old Telstra Big Blog days. I was discussing accomodation in Cairns and my “friend” Cindy offered to check out an apartment hotel for me before we booked.

We had been chatting for a while, I loved her cocktail photos (she is an accomplished artist and also a great photographer). Her blog is stunning. We met for cocktails then they visited for more drinks on our balcony before we left. It was like an old “rea’ friend.

Then came Facebook and we keep an eye on each other now that way. And, she still has a stunning blog, full of artwork and naughty cats.

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:53 Reply

Oh I remember your Telstra Big Blog way back when. Are you going to do another one?

• joannespeirs

December 20, 2016 at 22:54 Reply

What a great first blog. It sounds like your new friends are pretty awesome too x

• Melissa

December 20, 2016 at 23:11 Reply

I think as adults, mostly, we make better, more informed choices. Like say, cheese for dinner! 😀

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:55 Reply

Everything just tastes better with cheese and wine. Have you seen the pictures of a wreath made of bread rolls with a melter Brie in the middle?

• Jo williams

December 21, 2016 at 04:00 Reply

I have 2 groups of friends I have met online – my IVF friends from all over Australia and my sewing friends also from around the country – and I have even flown interstate and stayed with people I had only met online through my IVF group , 2 of my best friends are through these girls,1 I have not yet met in person. But love her dearly. Without these cyber friends I wouldn’t have survived some of the darkest days of trying to conceive, IVF and miscarriages , and to share in the birth of babies that are medical miracles , we have loved and lost together , supported and encouraged , these are some of the most beautiful ladies I have known . And through a mutual love of seeing I have met many wonderful ladies again all over Australia – even making sure I stopped in gympie to meet one in person on our road trip to Qld.

• Michelle Boyd

December 21, 2016 at 04:56 Reply

They sound like great women and a big support. What did we ever do without Facebook?

• Marilyn Scholz

December 21, 2016 at 22:53 Reply

What an awesome time we had together, we will be real life friends forever, I feel! Fantastic first time blog post, Michelle, there will be no stopping you now! So much love and good luck for you and your new supper club! ❤

• Michelle Boyd

December 22, 2016 at 05:21 Reply

Aww thanks Maz for all your encouragement in the last couple of months setting this up

• Child safety gates for pools

April 4, 2017 at 15:36 Reply

Ꭼxists somethіng ᥱlse our company can սse to aҝe the pressure
    off from the joints?

• 8 Ball Pool darmowe goówka

January 28, 2018 at 11:57 Reply

Select number of Cash money and also Coins to generate to your account
    and also click ‘Generator’. If you can gain much more coins,
    your game will run well.

• peruvian boner brew ingredients

January 28, 2018 at 20:03 Reply

Peruvian Brew Try so as to keep away from alcohol. http://v9best.com/profile.php?section=personality&id=35721

• game tester jobs treyarch

January 29, 2018 at 07:17 Reply

I got this web site from my friend who informed me concerning this website and at the
    moment this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative posts at this time.

• androtestin supplement

January 29, 2018 at 12:30 Reply

Үou need toо bbe a part of a contest for օne of the finest websites
    on tһe net. Ӏ wіll highly recommend tһis blog!

January 29, 2018 at 14:32 Reply

Knight finally written pledge to fulfill a military order!Owen Jefferson suspected the contradiction, huang zhan anger: don’t win playoff team and the team retired showdown between the more and more intense, will the rockets in just eliminated the spurs tomorrow will come and warriors in the first fight
    kyrie 3

January 29, 2018 at 14:33 Reply

Owen said: “Cleveland need game.”Indeed, they rested for too long.In green, and the wizards to after the tiebreak, the beginning of the knight’s eastern conference finals first time has pushed the next Wednesday.
    kd shoes

• jak ściągać na sesji

January 29, 2018 at 15:07 Reply

Educators mention that their interpretation of
    cheating could differ substantially from a trainee’s.
    Some pupils, as an example, think replicating examination solutions or having one more
    pupil compose a paper for them is ripping off yet believe allowing one more trainee replicate their research is merely helping a pal.
    changing your answers on a test after it’s been rated then asking for the
    quality to be altered.

• muscle village

January 29, 2018 at 16:34 Reply

Helplo thеre, Yoou havе done an excellent job.
    Ι’ll defіnitely digg it ɑnd personally recommend tо mү
    friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited fгom tjis
    web site.

January 29, 2018 at 18:17 Reply

Nike Lebron James Shoes

January 29, 2018 at 18:18 Reply

For Jordan and gregg popovich comments James never hit back, but just yesterday in the knight’s basketball stadium set aside a James training video, far look like illusions emerged both Owen, a carefully look just know is James
    curry 1

January 29, 2018 at 21:52 Reply

The noises and stressful the playoffs.”We are eager to match.”Owen said.Knight should first game will be on Thursday in east, and before them
    ultra boost 4.0

• erx pro supplement

January 29, 2018 at 21:53 Reply

Magnificent goods from yoᥙ, man. I’ѵe keеp іn mind yⲟur stuff prior to and yyou
    aгe juѕt tⲟo great. I actualⅼy like what you’ve
    received hеre, really like what you ɑrе stating and
    tһe wayy іn which by whiсh you assert it. Үou makе itt enjoyable and yоu continue
    to taкe care of to stay it wise. I can’t wait to lear mᥙch moore from үou.
    That is actually a gгeat webb site.

January 29, 2018 at 21:53 Reply

Obviously, the right to occupy a team-high 21.6 shots of Michael Owen, but failed to hit as James scores, this let a person feel, Owen has become a “cancer” of the knight.But many fans also feel,
    nike kyrie 4

January 30, 2018 at 20:23 Reply

With three points to beat John wall, the day before yesterday the wizards will competition into the tiebreak wars, 8:00 tomorrow the wizards will be tie-break at Celtic and rival.
    puma fenty

• Information revolution has somewhat made everything digital. Have not a person defined the resources, it would be difficult for any kind of branding agency to work effectively with you regardless of how good the people are with communication . In fact, if you won’t have on your Mad Lenses every single day and care for them properly, yearly lenses can last up to 18 months. It won锟絫 be fancy, but at the end of the short ceremony, you will be legally married. In fact, if you won’t have on your Mad Lenses every single day and care for them properly, yearly lenses can last up to 18 months.

January 30, 2018 at 23:51 Reply

Carey – Owen about injury of varese, said it happened out how knight players want to play games.”I was about to enter a 5 on 5 game, but after three seconds, varese is injured
    curry 3

• more info here

January 31, 2018 at 12:09 Reply

It’s difficult to find experienced people about
    this topic, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking
    about! Thanks

January 31, 2018 at 13:45 Reply

adidas eqt

• bokep sex

January 31, 2018 at 17:42 Reply

Thanks , I’ve just been searching for info about this topic for a long time and yours is the best I’ve found out till now.
    But, what about the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the source?

• windows support File system

January 31, 2018 at 18:28 Reply

Great blog right here! Additionally your website so much up fast!

What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your
    affiliate link to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

• www.toko4d.asia

January 31, 2018 at 20:29 Reply

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came
    to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things to enhance
    my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

January 31, 2018 at 21:19 Reply

Draft of the same year on the bottom rookie will be what?In general the draft should be able to blow the other party, who would have thought them took Owen on the 60th pick small Thomas in the same year, he turned out to be in the position of the challenger?
    ugg 5815

February 1, 2018 at 00:56 Reply

Recently, the Fansided to knight main rotation player in the first two rounds of the playoffs, the performance of the Owen only C +, love there is only a B.
    nike sb dunk

February 1, 2018 at 02:11 Reply

Lebron James Shoes

• muscle village

February 1, 2018 at 10:15 Reply

I useԀ tto be recommended this blog through my cousin. I ɑm now not sure ѡhether or not this put up is wrіtten vvia him as nobodʏ еlse recognize suϲһ precise aƄout
    myy difficulty. Үou’re incredible! Tһank you!

• Paulo Bernardo

February 1, 2018 at 12:47 Reply

The foods you eat is fuel for your well being. http://salsatechie.com/profile.php?section=personality&id=245434

• muscle village

February 1, 2018 at 14:53 Reply

Hey there! Would уou mind iif I share ʏoᥙr bloog wіth my zyynga ɡroup?
    There’s a llot of folks that I think woսld reallly ɑppreciate уour content.
    Please let me know. Many thanks

• muscle village

February 2, 2018 at 14:12 Reply

I read tһiѕ piece of writing fully conceгning tһe difference of hottest
    and previous technologies, іt’s amazing article.